Since 1974, the University of Missouri has been involved in providing career development assistance to students. The MU Career Center was conceived by a professor of Educational and Counseling Psychology and two graduate students, and existed as a simple self-help center with a few books at the Counseling Center.
Currently, the MU Career Center resides in the Student Success Center and continues to focus on assisting all MU students with their career exploration and development. For nearly 50 years we have built our services on a firm foundation of research and best practices in career development and counseling psychology.
Drop-in and Appointment Services:
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. weekdays during the academic year (including finals week). See our Connect With Our Staff page for more details.
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Over the past year we have developed and enhanced a number of initiatives that positively impact our institution’s stated commitment to student success, engagement and outreach. Please read our Annual Report and Year in Review brief to learn about our meaningful work with students and our contributions to the MU strategic plan.
The MU Career Center pioneered the use of paraprofessional staff and is a nationally recognized leader in paraprofessional training and education. Our staff members represent a diverse group of undergraduates and graduate students who possess a wide range of talents and are wholly committed to helping others.
- Provide guidance in your career and major decision making process.
- Offer advice and recommend resources to assist in your job search.
- Student paraprofessionals have received 100+ hours of training on career resources, information, and exploration.
- Available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. without an appointment during the academic year.
- Offer a holistic counseling approach and are available to discuss social, career, and personal aspects of your decisions.
- Help you explore your career/major options through active listening, in-depth conversations, and knowledge of career-related resources.
- Available for appointments during the academic year. Schedule an initial 60-minute intake appointment online at MU Connect.