News and Events
LinkedIn Photo Days
Spring semester 2018 the MU Career Center is hosting LinkedIn Photo Days the first Friday of the month, February through April. Please stop by to get a free professional headshot. All students, staff, and faculty are welcome to participate!
- Friday, March 2nd from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Friday, April 6th from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
There may be a short line, but it won’t take more than 10 minutes to complete your photo. Your picture will be emailed to you but please allow for 3 business days as we take time to enhance your photo to its best quality.
“Don’t Miss” Campus Events: February 2018
Black History Month Keynote: Tarana Burke
Tuesday, February 20, 2018
7:00 p.m. in Room 22 Tate Hall
MU School of Health Professions Career & Opportunities Fair
Tuesday, March 6, 2018
12:00 pm – 3:00 pm CST at Reynolds Alumni Center, Columbia, Missouri 65201, United States
Kaplan’s Free GRE Prep Week: February 18-22
Applying to grad school? Sign up for Kaplan’s Free GRE Prep Week. Sessions include:
- Practice Test – get familiar with the exam.
- Picking Numbers – a key strategy for Problem Solving and Quantitative Comparison questions.
- Short Verbal – learn to tackle Text Completion and Sentence Equivalence.
- Advanced Statistics – get prepared for the occasional challenging statistics question.
- GRE Bootcamp – a two-hour intensive session to tackle the exam like a pro.
Seats fill quickly so register online before February 17th!
Focus2 is a brand-new FREE tool introduced by the MU Career Center this year for ALL students – all you need is a PawPrint and your password! Focus2, which can be accessed on our website, offers unique tools and information to provide assistance in educational and career related explorations. It offers helpful features that are useful no matter what phase students are at in the planning process.
There are six separate assessments that can be explored in any order and completed as many times as desired. Along with the results of each assessment, students are provided with a multitude of corresponding majors and occupations. We hope it serves as an interactive, self-paced component added to our multitude of resources for students. Learn more about the Focus2 and all it has to offer in this blog post!