You can meet one-on-one with a Career Specialist to prepare for your interview. Just arrive during our walk-in hours for assistance. Whether you are interviewing for a part-time job, internship or a full-time position, our staff can assist you and provide helpful resources. Career Specialists:
- Ask sample questions and provide feedback
- Share commonly asked questions
- Show how to conduct company research
- Explain different interview formats (phone, Skype, in person)
- Discuss professional interview attire and dining etiquette
- Highlight attributes employers are seeking in candidates
- Boost your knowledge and confidence going into an interview!
Big Interview is a web-based program that combines training and practice to help improve your interview technique and build your confidence. You have at your disposal a variety of tools including:
- Challenging, virtual mock interviews for all experience levels and dozens of industries
- A database of thousands of interview questions with tips on how to answer them
- The ability to rate and share your interview answers for feedback
- A comprehensive video training curriculum covering all aspects of landing a job
- A step-by-step Answer Builder for crafting answers to behavioral questions
Step 1: Click the link above and then select the Register button.
Step 2: Complete registration process using your MU email account.
Step 3: You’ll then receive a confirmation email at your MU email address. Click “Verify” and you’ll be able to start using Big Interview.
Select the Practice Now button.
- Practice Interviews – find specific sets of interview questions categorized by industry, competency, etc.
- Answer Builder – craft strong answers to interview questions using the S.T.A.R. approach.
- Interview Roulette – record your answers to questions chosen at random for you.
- Question Library – select questions from the library to get more practice.
Select the Learn Now button.
- Fast Track – video tutorials for anyone preparing for an interview in a few days.
- Mastery Track – comprehensive video tutorials on all interview topics.
If logged into Handshake, click the question mark icon to access the Learn Center with articles and videos. Or you may go directly online to the Big Interview Help Center.