You can meet one-on-one with a Career Specialist to prepare for your interview. Just arrive during our walk-in hours for assistance. Whether you are interviewing for a part-time job, internship or a full-time position, our staff can assist you and provide helpful resources. Career Specialists:
- Ask sample questions and provide feedback
- Share commonly asked questions
- Show how to conduct company research
- Explain different interview formats (phone, Skype, in person)
- Discuss professional interview attire and dining etiquette
- Highlight attributes employers are seeking in candidates
- Boost your knowledge and confidence going into an interview!
Big Interview is a web-based program that combines training and practice to help improve your interview technique and build your confidence. You have at your disposal a variety of tools including:
- Challenging, virtual mock interviews for all experience levels and dozens of industries
- A database of thousands of interview questions with tips on how to answer them
- The ability to rate and share your interview answers for feedback
- A comprehensive video training curriculum covering all aspects of landing a job
- A step-by-step Answer Builder for crafting answers to behavioral questions
Step 1: Click the link above and then select the green Register button.
Step 2: Complete registration process using your MU email account.
Step 3: You’ll then receive a confirmation email at your MU email address. Click “Verify” and you’ll be able to start using Big Interview.
Select the Practice tab from the top menu bar.
- Practice Interviews – find specific sets of interview questions categorized by industry, competency, etc.
- Answer Builder – craft strong answers to interview questions using the S.T.A.R. approach.
- Interview Roulette – record your answers to questions chosen at random for you.
- Question Library – select questions from the library to get more practice.
Select the Learn tab from the top menu bar.
- Fast Track – video tutorials for anyone preparing for an interview in a few days.
- Mastery Track – comprehensive video tutorials on all interview topics.
Visit the Help Center under My Tools for articles and troubleshooting advice. Our download our Big Interview Student Guide.