About the Network
The MU Career Development Network is a group of faculty and staff on campus committed to helping students with their career development. Individual faculty and staff Career Services Champions have received specialized training in helping students with career-related questions and in preparing them for post-graduation success. The MU Career Center provides training and coordinates this network of professionals dedicated to preparing MU students for lifelong career development.
Upcoming Training Sessions
Check back later this fall for details about coming events.
In the meantime, please visit our Faculty/Staff Resource page for ideas about integrating career readiness and career development in your classes and student conversations.
Career Services Champions Trainings
New to the CDN? Attend at least two of the following sessions to earn your Career Services Champion sticker, certificate, and access to the CDN network and resources.
We offer ongoing opportunities for our campus colleagues to join the Career Development Network! Check back here to find out when we will once again be offering our general Career Services Champions training, comprised of the following modules:
- Module 1: Introduction to Career Services at MU: What we offer, how to access it, and what it all means for students
- Module 2: Helping Students: Tips & tools for answering students’ career-related questions
- Module 3: Resources & Referrals: Go-to helpful resources and where to refer for more help
Already a Career Services Champion? Returning champions are invited to attend any or all of the sessions to learn about the latest updates on career development and career readiness and sharpen their skills.
Career Development Network Benefits
Members of the MU Career Development Network are visibly identified on campus as Career Services Champions, demonstrating their willingness and ability to help students with career decision-making and preparation.
A multitude of benefits comes with joining the network, including:
- Training specific to helping students with their career-related needs
- Access to all training resources
- Connection to and collaboration with other network members
- Monthly updates, information, and resources from the MU Career Center
- First to know about upcoming training and new offerings from MU Career Services offices
Learning outcomes from the training include:
- Knowledge of MU campus career services
- Familiarity with career-related resources and information for students
- Introduction to career development theories and students’ decision-making processes
- Confidence using tools and techniques to discuss lifelong career development and employability
- Ability to provide appropriate referrals on campus for career-related needs
Thank you for your interest in the MU Career Development Network. Please contact email@example.com for more information, requests to schedule departmental training, and other questions about this program.