About the MU Career Development Network
The MU Career Development Network is a group of faculty and staff on campus committed to helping students with their career development. Individual faculty and staff Career Services Champions have received specialized training in helping students with career-related questions and in preparing them for post-graduation success. The MU Career Center provides training and coordinates this network of professionals dedicated to preparing MU students for lifelong career development.
How to Join – Become a Career Services Champion!
Career Services Champions attend a multi-module training to become a member of the MU Career Development Network. Training is comprised of the following modules:
- Module 1: Introduction to Career Services at MU: What we offer, how to access it, and what it all means for students
- Module 2: Helping Students: Tips & tools for answering students’ career-related questions
- Module 3: Resources & Referrals: Go-to helpful resources and where to refer for more help
Upcoming Fall 2020 Sessions:
Faculty & Staff Resources on Mizzou Career Tools
3 opportunities over Zoom:
Friday, December 4th @ 10:00 – 11:00 AM
Tuesday, December 8th @ 3:00 – 4:00 PM
Thursday, December 10th @ 1:00 – 2:00 PM
Benefits of the MU Career Development Network
Members of the MU Career Development Network are visibly identified on campus as Career Services Champions, demonstrating their willingness and ability to help students with career decision-making and preparation.
A multitude of benefits comes with joining the network, including:
- Training specific to helping students with their career-related needs
- Access to all training resources
- Connection to and collaboration with other network members
- Monthly updates, information, and resources from the MU Career Center
- First to know about upcoming training and new offerings from MU Career Services offices
Learning outcomes from the training include:
- Knowledge of MU campus career services
- Familiarity with career-related resources and information for students
- Introduction to career development theories and students’ decision making processes
- Confidence using tools and techniques to discuss lifelong career development and employability
- Ability to provide appropriate referrals on campus for career-related needs
Thank you for your interest in the MU Career Development Network. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-882-6801 for more information, requests to schedule departmental training, and other questions about this program.