MU Career Development Network
About the MU Career Development Network
The MU Career Development Network is a group of faculty and staff on campus committed to helping students with their career development. Individual faculty and staff Career Services Champions have received specialized training in helping students with career-related questions and in preparing them for post-graduation success. The MU Career Center provides training and coordinates this network of professionals dedicated to preparing MU students for lifelong career development.
Benefits of the MU Career Development Network
Members of the MU Career Development Network are visibly identified on campus as Career Services Champions, demonstrating their willingness and ability to help students with career decision-making and preparation.
A multitude of benefits comes with joining the network, including:
- Training specific to helping students with their career-related needs
- Access to all training resources
- Connection to and collaboration with other network members
- Monthly updates, information, and resources from the MU Career Center
- First to know about upcoming training and new offerings from MU Career Services offices
Learning outcomes from the training include:
- Knowledge of MU campus career services
- Introduction to career development theories and students’ decision making processes
- Confidence using tools and techniques to discuss lifelong career development and employability
- Familiarity with career-related resources and information for students
- Ability to provide appropriate referrals on campus for career-related needs
How to Join – Become a Career Services Champion!
Career Services Champions attend a multi-module training to become a member of the MU Career Development Network. Training is comprised of the following modules:
- Module 1: Introduction to Career Services at MU: What we offer, how to access it, and what it all means for students
- Module 2: Helping Students: Tips & tools for answering students’ career-related questions
- Module 3: Resources & Referrals: Go-to helpful resources and where to refer for more help
Register to attend an upcoming training session! You need to register and attend AT LEAST TWO of the three 1-hour sessions to receive a certificate, laptop sticker, and access to our Canvas organization network and resources!
- Tuesday, February 19 from 11 am – 12 pm: Module 1: Introduction to Career Services at MU: What we offer, how to access it, and what it all means for students
- Wednesday, February 20 from 11 am – 12 pm: Module 2: Helping Students: Tips & tools for answering students’ career-related questions
- Thursday, February 21 from 11 am – 12 pm: Module 3: Resources & Referrals: Go-to helpful resources and where to refer for more help
All sessions will be held in the MU Career Center, located on the lower level of the Student Success Center.
If you are interested in having your entire department/organization become Career Services Champions, we are happy to come to you at a time that’s convenient! Email Carrie Collier at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Beyond Career Services Champion – Become an MU Career Services Partner
Already attended previously offered Career Advising training sessions or the Career Services Champion initial training and want to learn more? Interested in some specific training for your department or organization? Become a Career Services Partner! Participate in additional training offered by the MU Career Center and/or reach out to the MU Career Center for more information about how you can partner with us.
- MU Career Services Partner Training: Additional training, resources, and tips on how to help students with their career development and post-graduation planning
- No trainings scheduled at this time. Please email or call to inquire about setting up a training!
Thank you for your interest in the MU Career Development Network. Please contact Carrie Collier at email@example.com or 573-882-8574 for more information, requests, or questions about this program.