Submit Request for a Class or Group
The MU Career Center offers many options to best serve your class or group. For greatest impact, WE RECOMMEND YOU FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- Introduce the topic: Have your students visit the MU Career Center or our website
- Host a presentation: Invite a presenter to your group or show one of our online webshops
- Follow up: Give an assignment, provide handouts, and share links
If your students need a presentation or will be visiting us for an assignment or assessment, let us help you by completing a request form below. A Career Education Consultant will respond with you shortly.
When I submit a request, what can I expect?
- After you complete your request, you will initially receive an automated response saying we received the information. Within 1-3 business days, one of our Career Education Consultants will contact you by email or phone with a confirmation or follow up questions.
- Please email us at email@example.com if you have not heard from us after 3 business days.
When should I have my request in by?
- Your request MUST be submitted at least TWO WEEKS before your desired presentation date or assignment due date. That gives us enough time to process your form and determine if we can accommodate your request.
What if the MU Career Center staff is unable to fulfill my request?
- We are eager to work with our campus colleagues and do our best to accommodate presentation and on-site service requests. There are occasions, however, when we may not be able to do so. If there is a date/time conflict, if we aren’t able to do a requested customized topic, if we don’t have enough notice, or if the walk-in traffic will be too overwhelming during a particular week, we will contact you to find a solution.
What can I expect from a presentation?
- We have developed 50-minute engaging and interactive presentations about general career topics as well as the CliftonStrengths for Students (formerly StrengthsQuest) assessment.
- Presenters are members of the MU Career Center’s outstanding trained paraprofessional staff. The information is designed to be interactive and helpful for most any student audience demographic (freshmen-senior, most majors/interest areas), and specific customization may not be available.
- Additional career resources to provide to your class or group can be found at: Mizzou Career Tools.
- You may request presentations with START times between:
- 9AM – 7PM Monday-Thursday
- 9AM – 3PM on Friday
- Wednesday late afternoon is our weekly staff meeting time, so we may not be able to accommodate requests during the 4-5 p.m. hour.
For groups of 15 and under, consider having your presentation at the MU Career Center! This includes the presentation and a brief tour of our services (subject to room availability).
What can I expect from a class assignment at the MU Career Center?
- You can instruct your students to come to the MU Career Center, located on the lower level of the Student Success Center on Lowry Mall, to complete the desired assignment. We are open on a walk-in basis from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday during the academic semester. Students will check in at the front desk with our Career Specialists and let them know what they are there to do.
- For all self-assessments, students will need to arrive NO LATER than 3:00 p.m. to complete and discuss the assessment.
- Please advise your students not to wait until the last minute as we give no guarantee we can help all students the day or hours before the class time due to staffing constraints.
What if I need to contact someone about my request or I need to reschedule?
- If it is not an urgent need, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Career Education Consultant will be in touch.
- If you haven’t received a confirmation, need to reschedule or cancel a presentation on short notice, or have an urgent need, please contact Laura Peiter at 573-884-6317 or email@example.com.