The MU Career Center offers many presentation and assignment options to best serve your class or group. For greatest impact, WE RECOMMEND TO CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
- Introduce topic: Have your students check out the MU Career Center
- Host a presentation: Invite a presenter to your group or check out our downloadable lesson plans
- Assign an activity: Provide an assignment on a career topic
- Follow up: Share helpful links, handouts, and resources
If your students need a presentation or will be visiting us for an assignment or assessment, let us help you:
- Browse presentation and assignment options here.
- Submit a request below:
What happens when I submit a request?
- Follow up: Within 1-3 business days, we will contact you with a confirmation or follow up questions.
- If no response: Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have not heard from us after 3 business days.
When should I have my request in by?
- Two weeks: To process and find a presenter, you should submit your request at least two weeks prior to desired date.
What if the MU Career Center staff is unable to fulfill my request?
- Options: We do our best to accommodate requests. If any of the following arise, we will contact you to find the best solution:
- A date or time conflict
- We don’t have enough notice (less than two weeks)
- MU Career Center drop-in traffic will be too overwhelming during a particular week
- Cannot create a customized topic
What can I expect from a presentation?
- Length and Time: Typically around 45 minutes. Start times should be:
- 9AM – 7PM Monday-Thursday and 9AM – 3PM on Friday
- Wednesdays from 4-5 is our weekly staff meeting time: we may not be able to accommodate requests during that time.
- Presenters: Facilitated by one of the MU Career Center’s outstanding trained paraprofessional staff.
- Content: Designed to be interactive and helpful for most any student audience demographic (freshmen-senior, most majors/interest areas). Specific customization may not be available.
- Location: We usually come to you, but groups of 15 and under can request to come to the MU Career Center (subject to room availability).
- Resources: Additional career resources to provide to your class/group can be found at Mizzou Career Tools.
What can I expect from a class assignment at the MU Career Center?
- Location: To complete an assignment, instruct your students to come to the MU Career Center, located on the lower level of the Student Success Center on Lowry Mall.
- We are open on a walk-in basis from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday during the academic semester. Students will check in with a Career Specialist at the front desk.
- Assessments and other Assignments: For all on-site assignments, students will need to arrive NO LATER than 3:00 p.m. to allow time for the consultation.
- Don’t wait: Please advise your students not to wait until the last minute: we can’t guarantee a student will be seen on time if they come in the day the assignment is due.