Published on March 3, 2021
The University just published it’s Class of 2020 career outcomes. This is data collected from an exit survey of graduates (including Summer and Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 grads). A record-breaking 93.5% of 2020 graduates found successful outcomes within 6 months of spring graduation. That is a pretty exceptional number especially considering our May graduates were facing an uncertain job market with the onset of the pandemic. These numbers are truly a testament to students’ talent, resolve and resiliency.
Here are some interesting facts from the Class of 2020:
- Mizzou grads reside in all 50 states and in 56 countries: Top Cities are Columbia, St. Louis, Kansas City, Chicago, Dallas and Denver. Top states are Missouri, Illinois, Texas, Kansas and Colorado.
- MU grads work at 1,693 unique entities including 106 Fortune 500 companies
- MU alumni continued their education at 172 institutions worldwide pursuing doctoral degrees (26%), master’s degrees (56%), and other degrees and coursework (18%).
- The top sources for finding a job were internships, personal contacts and career fairs.
- The top 10 employers of Mizzou grads are 1) MU Health Care 2) KPMG 3) University of Missouri 4) Cerner Corporation 5) Veterans United Home Loans 6) Columbia Public Schools 7) PriceWaterhouseCoopers 8) AT&T 9) Boeing and 10) Ernst & Young.
I encourage all students to go to the outcomes website to look more closely at the results. There are interactive graphs that highlight what MU graduates are doing, where they reside, who are top employers and institutions (where they continue their education). There is information from 2017 through 2020 and you can look at information by School/College to see where grads were headed based on your major!