Federal Work Study (FWS) is a federally subsidized program designed to give part-time employment to undergraduate students who need the income to help meet the costs of post-secondary education. Work Study jobs can complement your educational program or career goals and will help you gain relevant work experience in a professional setting.
1. Apply for Federal Work Study (FWS)
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by MU’s priority deadline of February and indicate on the application that you are interested in being considered for work study.
2. Receive Notification
- The Office of Student Financial Aid Financial Aid will send you an offer letter notifying you of aid offered, including Federal Work Study. If you are not offered a work study award aor have questions about eligibility requirements, please contact your Financial Aid adviser.
3. Accept Work Study Award in myZou
- Login to myZou to accept your award and other financial aid offers
4. Login to Work Study Employment Database
- Go to https://workstudy.missouri.edu/
- Enter your PawPrint and password. If you do not have a password, please go to https://webmail.missouri.edu
- Search the employer list or enter keywords to see available positions
- Once you have settled on a position, click “Accept” and print off the application form
Please note, you must have a “complete” and “verified” financial aid status in order to login to the work study employment database. If you do not have login access, please contact Student Financial Aid to inquire about your status.
5. Prepare for Employment
- Employment Identification Documents: Students must present Employment Eligibility & Identification documents in order to be hired at the University. Only original documents will be accepted, so it’s important to have your identification ready.
- Direct Deposit: The University requires direct deposit of payroll funds. Please have your bank routing and account numbers ready to share.
6. Start Your Job
- Access and Complete your New Hire Forms: To complete these forms please review the instructions in your new employee information email from Human Resource Services.
- Direct Deposit: Your paycheck will be directly deposited into the bank account of your choice. Please have your routing and account numbers ready to share.
- Complete W-4 form: All MU employees must complete federal and state tax information. If you are unsure how to complete the W-4, please make an appointment with the Office for Financial Success.
- Attend New Employee Registration: All student employees must present their original, unexpired Employment Eligibility & Identification documents to New Employee Registration by their first day of work.