There are many part-time job opportunities both on campus and in the local community. Part time jobs may be temporary or long-term. They are not just a source of income, but an excellent way to gain skills, establish references, and explore career options.
HireMizzouTigers (powered by Handshake)
HireMizzouTigers is a free service for all MU students and alumni. All employers are directed to advertise their part-time positions on this website. In addition to part-time jobs, you can find listings for internships and full-time jobs, review a list of campus events, and sign up for employer interviews.
- More than 100,000 recruiters around the world are actively connecting with universities on Handshake promoting internships, part-time jobs and full-time career opportunities.
- The interface is modern, mobile-friendly and is a fusion of Pinterest, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Handshake recommends potential events, jobs and employers based on your career interests, search history and connections.
- Students can find and join for career events and manage all their job activity and documents.
- The site helps you build out a rich profile to help stand out to employers.
You can take a more proactive approach and directly contact potential employers. There does not have to be a job posted for you to ask about possible openings.
- Reach out to specific campus departments
- Speak with professors about job referrals or possible employment opportunities
- Look for help wanted signs in The District, the downtown area within walking distance of campus
- Target applications to the larger on-campus employers