The Career Coaches in Graduate Student Career Services work with graduate and professional students from all disciplines to explore and prepare for the diverse career pathways open to them. At any point in your career exploration process and at any stage of your degree program, we are here to help you reach your professional goals.
You may also send general inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is a selection of resources to help in your career readiness and preparation. For more guidance and support, reach out to the career coaches on MU Connect for individual appointments, and check our calendar for upcoming events.
- Enroll in GRAD 9050, offered each fall and spring semester.
- Investigate different careers with job simulation tools like InterSECT and Candid Career.
- Assess your skills, values, and interests, set career-related goals, and explore a variety of career paths with ImaginePhD, myIDP, and Versatile PhD.
Networking & Connecting
- Polish your professional online image and make connections with LinkedIn.
- Begin building your network through professional organizations, with MU alumni, and with your fellow graduate students. Mango offers tips on creating and managing your network.
- Gain invaluable insights about different career paths through informational interviews.
Applying & Interviewing
- Craft and tailor your resume and cover letter.
- Explore job postings on relevant job boards and on Handshake.
- Develop and practice your interviewing skills on Big Interview.