Career Counseling services are available to clients residing in the state of Missouri via Zoom.
We will begin accepting new clients in late August 2020. Interested MU students who are living in the state of Missouri can sign up through MU Connect to talk with a career counselor. If non-MU students (faculty, staff, alumni, community member) would like to see a career counselor and are also located within the state of Missouri, please fill out an intake form and e-mail it to email@example.com. It is recommended that you use Chrome to complete the intake form – other browsers such as Mozilla Firefox may not allow you to type directly into the form.
If you have questions about our career counseling services, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please watch this page for continuing updates about our services.
Are you trying to decide on a college major or graduate education, considering a new career, or maybe need help conducting a successful job search? If so, the career counselors at the MU Career Center will be able to help you.
The MU Career Center provides a full range of counseling services for MU students, alumni, faculty members and community members.
Counselors-in-training are graduate students who are receiving systematic supervision to provide individual counseling on a wide range of career, academic, and social issues. Career issues may be clients’ initial concern, but academic and personal issues may emerge in counseling and can be discussed and explored as well.
Counseling services are available during the fall and spring semesters; during summer and winter breaks, please call (573) 882-6801, email CareerCounseling@missouri.edu, or visit the MU Career Center for assistance.
What We Offer
Career counselors provide the individual attention you deserve. We will provide you with one-on-one sessions to explore your interests and options, and acquaint you with the resources within the Career Center.
What We Do
- Discuss career, academic, and personal/social issues.
- Assist you through career transitions and decisions.
- Offer career self-assessments to understand your skills, abilities, interests, talents, and values.
- Connect you to job search and career information resources.
- Help you set personal goals.
- Explore ways to find balance in your life.
- Discover academic enrichment opportunities.
- Anything else you would like to talk about when meeting with us.
|Self-Directed Search||CliftonStrengths for Students|
|Focus 2||Strong Interest Inventory|
|Missouri Occupational Card Sort||My Vocational Situation|
|Missouri Majors Card Sort||Insight Inventory|
We offer one option for MU students to sign up for our career counseling services:
- Online: MU Students may sign up through MU Connect for an initial appointment with one of our counselors. In MU Connect, use the “Services” Tab and search for Career Counseling in the search bar. Please fill out an intake form in advance and bring it with you to your intake session. It is recommended that you use Chrome to complete the intake form – other browsers such as Mozilla Firefox may not allow you to type directly into the form. Call 573-882-6801 if you need assistance with making an appointment.
If you are not an MU student (faculty, staff, alumni, community member) and would like to see a career counselor, fill out an intake form
If you have any questions about career counseling, please email us at CareerCounseling@missouri.edu or call us at 573-882-6801.
Career Counseling Hours
The Career Center is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., but additional hours may be available. A counselor will contact you to set up your first appointment.