Career Counseling services are available to clients residing in the state of Missouri via Zoom.
May 7, 2021 is the final day that counseling services are available for Spring 2021. Individuals interested in counseling after May 7th can email email@example.com and be placed on the Fall 2021 waitlist.
Are you trying to decide on a college major or graduate education, considering a new career, or wanting help conducting a successful job search? If so, the career counselors at the MU Career Center will be able to help you.
Interested MU students who are living in the state of Missouri can sign up through MU Connect to talk with a career counselor. If non-MU students (faculty, staff, alumni, community members, etc.) would like to see a career counselor and are located within the state of Missouri, please email CareerCounseling@missouri.edu to set up an appointment.
If you have other questions about our career counseling services, email CareerCounseling@missouri.edu. Please watch this page for updates about our services.
The MU Career Center provides a full range of counseling services for MU students, alumni, faculty members and community members.
Counselors are graduate students in training who are receiving licensed supervision to provide individual counseling on a wide range of career, academic, and social issues. Career issues may be clients’ initial concern, but academic and personal issues may emerge in counseling and can be discussed and explored as well.
Counseling services are only available during the fall and spring academic semesters. During summer and winter breaks, please email CareerCounseling@missouri.edu or visit the MU Career Center for assistance.
What We Offer
Career counselors provide the individual attention you deserve. We will provide you with one-on-one sessions to explore your interests and options and acquaint you with the resources within the Career Center.
What We Do
- Discuss career, academic, and personal/social issues.
- Assist you through career transitions and decisions.
- Offer career self-assessments to understand your skills, abilities, interests, talents, and values.
- Connect you to job search and career information resources.
- Help you set personal goals.
- Explore ways to find balance in your life.
- Discover academic enrichment opportunities.
- Anything else you would like to talk about when meeting with us.
|Self-Directed Search||CliftonStrengths for Students|
|Focus 2||Strong Interest Inventory|
|Missouri Occupational Card Sort||My Vocational Situation|
|Missouri Majors Card Sort||Insight Inventory|
For MU students to sign up for our career counseling services:
- *Online: MU Students may sign up through MU Connect for an initial appointment with one of our counselors. Follow the direct link or use the “My Success Network” Tab and search for Career Counseling in the search bar. Email CareerCounseling@missouri.edu if you need assistance with making an appointment.
*Please understand that after booking through MU Connect, MU Connect will send emails to your MU student email account. In addition, by signing up via MU Connect, you are allowing the Career Center to contact you via your MU student email account for scheduling purposes. If you do not wish to be contacted via your student email account, do not book through MU Connect. Instead, email us at CareerCounseling@missouri.edu from your preferred email address letting us know you do not wish to use your MU student email account and we will assist you in setting up an appointment.
For non-students (faculty, staff, alumni, community members, etc.) to sign up for our career counseling services:
- Email CareerCounseling@missouri.edu letting us know you would like to receive services, and we will assist you in setting up an appointment. After receiving your email, a counselor will be in touch with you, generally within one week, about setting up an appointment. There is a one-time $25 fee to use our career counseling services for an academic year.
Career Counseling Hours
The Career Center is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., but additional hours may be available.