Whether it’s biology or sociology or any of the other 30+ degrees housed in the College, an Arts & Science education provides you with knowledge, skills, and experiences that will serve as a springboard for success long after you graduate with your degree.
Become Career Ready
Career readiness is a foundation of eight core competencies that broadly prepare you for lifelong success in future workplaces and careers. Employers are seeking college interns and full-time hires that demonstrate these skills. Start by following these career readiness guides that describe simple, practical steps that will shape your career development journey.
Career Readiness Guides:
Peer Career Advising
- Explore majors and careers paths
- Take self-assessments
- Write résumés, CVs and cover letters
- Search and interview for part-time jobs
- Research graduate education
- Develop a professional online image
The A&S Internship Coordinator offers students in the College of Arts and Science advisement and support throughout the internship search process to ensure you are equipped to find positions that fit your educational and professional goals.
The A&S Career Coach is focused on helping upperclassmen develop post-graduation plans based on their values, interests, personality and skills. Whether you’re sure of what you want to do after you leave Mizzou or are just beginning to think about what lies ahead, the A&S Career Coach can help you on your journey.
Here are just a few of the valuable career resources found on the Mizzou Career Tools site. Career Tools is a searchable resource platform that can help whether you are exploring majors, seeking internships, researching graduate school or applying for full-time jobs.
- Career Communities: An online hub of information where you can explore possible career paths in broad industry areas. Each community page features career advice, employment opportunities, and occupational videos.
- Focus 2: A free online assessment to help you find occupations and majors specific to your personality.
- Career Guides: Comprehensive resources on a variety of career topics developed by our staff to help students and alumni in their career development journey.
Featured Jobs & Internships
These are just some sample of job and internship vacancies on the employment site, Handshake. Click the job title to read more details or to view all employment opportunities, please login at www.HireMizzouTigers.com. You may also access Handshake by clicking the job title below, clicking the login link at the top of the page, and entering your university credentials.