NOTE: Individual consultations and outreach presentations can be either in person or on Zoom.
We are excited to work with your group online to deliver the information on our career topics. The MU Career Center offers many presentation and assignment options to best serve your class or group. For greatest impact, WE RECOMMEND TO CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
- Introduce topic: Consider the best way to initially involve your group. This could be a verbal introduction, information on Canvas, or other.
- Host a presentation: Invite a presenter to connect with your group either in person or on Zoom, show an online video, or check out our downloadable lesson plans.
- Assign an activity: Provide an assignment on a career topic, where students can interact with a Career Specialist or work with resources online.
- Follow up: Share helpful links, handouts, and resources.
Make a Request
Browse the presentation and assignment options below and submit a request:
What happens when I submit a request?
- Follow up: Within 1-3 business days, we will contact you with a confirmation or follow up questions.
- If no response: Please email us at email@example.com if you have not heard from us after 3 business days.
When should I have my request in by?
- Two weeks: You should submit your request at least two weeks prior to the desired presentation date or assignment due date.
What if the MU Career Center staff is unable to fulfill my request?
- Options: We do our best to accommodate requests. If any of the following arise, we will contact you to find the best solution (such as rescheduling, offering a pre-recorded video, downloadable lesson plan, or others). Reasons for this could be:
- A date or time conflict
- We don’t have enough notice (less than two weeks)
- MU Career Center drop-in traffic will be too overwhelming during a particular week
- Cannot create a customized topic
What can I expect from a presentation?
- Length and Time: Typically around 45 minutes. Start times should be:
- 9am-8pm Monday-Thursday and 9am-4pm on Friday
- Wednesdays from 4pm-5:30pm is our weekly staff meeting time: we may not be able to accommodate requests during that time.
- Presenters: Facilitated by one of the MU Career Center’s outstanding trained paraprofessional staff.
- Content: Designed to be interactive and helpful for most any student audience demographic (freshmen-senior, most majors/interest areas). Specific customization may not be available.
- Location: Presentations can be delivered in person or via Zoom. Please indicate location on your request form.
- Resources: Additional career resources to provide to your class/group can be found at Mizzou Career Tools.
What can I expect from a class assignment at the MU Career Center?
- Location: To work with a Career Specialist on an assignment, your students can meet with our staff via drop-in M-F from 9am-4pm or by appointment. Details are available here.
- Assessments and other Assignments: For all assignment consultations with Career Specialists, you will need to login NO LATER than 3:00 p.m. to allow time for the consultation. Our staff are able to provide your students proof of their visit.
- Don’t wait: Please advise your students not to wait until the last minute: we can’t guarantee a student will be seen on time if they come in the day the assignment is due.