About the Network
The MU Career Development Network is a group of faculty and staff on campus committed to helping students with their career development. Individual faculty and staff Career Champions have received specialized training in helping students with career-related questions and in preparing them for post-graduation success.
The MU Career Center provides training and coordinates this network of professionals dedicated to preparing MU students for lifelong career development.
Upcoming Training Sessions
- Career Self-Assessments: Thursday, October 19 @ 12:30 – 2 pm
Learn about Focus 2, CliftonStrengths, the Strong Interests Inventory and more.
- What Alumni are Doing (Career Outcomes): Thursday, November 6 @ 11 am – 12 pm
Review career outcomes on the new Power BI platform and explore what students are doing after they graduate.
The sessions will be held on Zoom. If you are unable to make these sessions, please visit our Faculty/Staff Toolkit for ideas about integrating career readiness and career development in your classes and student conversations.
Career Champions Trainings
New to the CDN? Attend at least two of the following sessions to earn your Career Champion sticker and access to the CDN network and resources.
We offer ongoing opportunities for our campus colleagues to join the Career Development Network! Check back here to find out when we will once again be offering our general Career Champions training, comprised of the following modules:
- Session 1: Career Exploration: This session will focus on how faculty, staff, and student employee supervisors can assist students with career and major exploration.
- Session 2: Career Readiness: This session will help faculty, staff, and student employee supervisors learn more about how career services defines “career readiness” and how to help students become career ready.
Already a Career Champion? Returning champions are invited to attend any or all of the sessions to learn about the latest updates on career development and career readiness and sharpen their skills.
Career Development Network Benefits
Members of the MU Career Development Network are visibly identified on campus as Career Champions, demonstrating their willingness and ability to help students with career decision-making and preparation.
A multitude of benefits comes with joining the network, including:
- Training specific to helping students with their career-related needs
- Access to all training resources
- Connection to and collaboration with other network members
- Monthly updates, information, and resources from the MU Career Center
- First to know about upcoming training and new offerings from MU Career Services offices
Learning outcomes from the training include:
- Knowledge of MU campus career services
- Familiarity with career-related resources and information for students
- Introduction to career development theories and students’ decision-making processes
- Confidence using tools and techniques to discuss lifelong career development and employability
- Ability to provide appropriate referrals on campus for career-related needs
Thank you for your interest in the MU Career Development Network. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, requests to schedule departmental training, and other questions about this program.