Vision: A future in which students discover and develop meaningful career paths that enhance their lives and communities.
Mission: Provide services and resources for MU students to acquire the skills, experiences and connections needed to thrive in their careers.
- Empower students to envision and clarify goals through career exploration and self-development.
- Advocate for and model rich student employment and experiential education to engage students, increase persistence and support their success.
- Coach students to actively prepare for and successfully pursue their unique career paths.
- Foster connections with industry partners to help students develop skills, build professional networks and find post-graduation success.
Leadership & Education
- Provide campus leadership and career education through resource development, innovation of best practices, management of career technology and coordination of university initiatives.
We Value Students
Students are central to what we do; we are curious about who they are and affirm their unique identities and experiences. We support their ongoing career development by actively listening to their stories and delivering services and resources that reflect their needs.
We Value Inclusion
We foster a welcoming and inclusive environment where everyone is treated with dignity, respect, and compassion. We seek to include diverse perspectives and representation from marginalized populations. We believe that we all benefit when we listen to, learn from and celebrate each other’s authenticity and unique contributions.
We Value Lifelong Learning
We promote continuous self-development and learning throughout an individual’s life journey. We encourage reflection of what is meaningful and valuable in life and embrace opportunities for growth.
We Value Collaboration
We are relationship builders who believe integrated efforts between faculty, staff, students and other partners are vital to advancing career education and development across campus.