***The Career Center is ready to assist you! Please visit the Connect with Our Staff web page for details on connecting with us via online drop-in hours, appointment, phone or email.***
Services at the MU Career Center are provided free of charge to all MU students (unless noted otherwise). Our trained staff is available on a drop-in basis from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. during the academic semester – no appointment necessary! We welcome you to come by and learn more about all we have to offer.
Career and Major Exploration
If you are unsure about your major or considering changing your major/career plans, the MU Career Center offers:
- Career and Major Guidance
- Extensive Library & Online Resources
- SSC 2100 Career Explorations Course (1 credit)
*Please note that we accept payment in the form of credit card or online check.
If you need assistance finding employment, the MU Career Center offers:
- Job search guidance (for work study, part-time jobs, internships and full-time positions)
- Resume and cover letter reviews
- Interview preparation
- LinkedIn consultations
- HireMizzouTigers.com (powered by Handshake)
Please also consult with your divisional career services office and academic department regarding job and internship opportunities.
Use Mizzou Career Tools to find relevant career resources customized to your needs. Featured resources on the site include:
- GoinGlobal.com: jobs abroad
- Glassdoor: company reviews
- Webshops: self-paced presentations
- Career Interests Game: career matching
- Employment Quick Tips: links and advice
- U.S. City Guides: relocation tips and job leads
MU Career Center Team
Career Specialists provide guidance in your career and major decision making process. Our paraprofessionals (student staff) receives 100+ hours of training on career resources, information, and exploration. Career Specialists are available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. without an appointment during the academic year.
Career Counselors offer a holistic counseling approach and are available to discuss social, career, and personal aspects of your decisions. They help you explore your major/career options through active listening, in-depth conversations, and knowledge of career-related resources. Career Counselors are available for appointments during the academic year. Schedule an initial 30-minute intake appointment online at MU Connect.